Pages

Sunday, August 28, 2016

Review of Ole Henriksen Sheer Transformation moisturizer

Ole Henriksen
|Sheer Transformation|

I had never heard of this brand before, and I have no idea how that is! I was given a sample of Sheer Transformation when I bought something else, and of course like other samples I get I waited and waited and waited to use it. Finally one night I decided I'd try it. The directions are to use it in the morning and at night. My sample was large enough for one night and one morning application.
So I put it on at night. I wasn't really expecting anything to happen. I played a game for a while, then I went to bed. In the morning my face was a LOT smoother! I was very surprised at how smooth ONE application had made it, it even felt more supple. I noticed that my skin tone also looked more even. It was very exciting!! So of course I eagerly put the rest of the sample on for the morning.
Even though the directions say to use A.M. and P.M., I would not normally use this in the morning. For me personally, it takes too long to soak into the skin and it stays tacky for too long. I was running short on time as is and was actually unable to wear makeup because it took long to soak in! I could not even use my eyebrow pencil!! THAT was disappointing. So, as I said, I would only personally use it over night instead.
While at work I mentioned Ole Henriksen and felt better because none of the ladies in the office (some VERY beauty-concerned) had heard of the brand either! So I told them what I had tried and one of the brand new ladies said "Your face looks very smooth and clean! I thought you were wearing make-up!" which was nice to hear. It still felt super smooth to the touch compared to the previous day. When I got home, before I looked in the mirror, I asked my spouse if there was anything different about my skin and she replied that it looked less red than usual, which I interpret as a more even skin tone. After just TWO uses! I was very impressed and wanted to look in the mirror. DEFINITELY a more even skin tone, and much much smoother looking than before. I wish I had another sample for tonight!
I feel that my skin is more hydrated, but unlike with other moisturizers I've tried, I don't feel as though I will break out from Sheer Transformation. It never felt greasy, even when it was still soaking in. It feels refreshed, and even younger. I also feel that it brightened the skin under my eyes.
This is a wonderful addition to any beauty routine, I have NOTHING negative to say about it, other than it is a little bit expensive for a moisturizer. Considering all the other benefits, though, I plan to buy a bottle on Friday. :) I think this is my favorite beauty product so far!

What it is:
An oil-free, lightweight moisturizer that nourishes skin as it gently exfoliates and fades dark spots. 

What it is formulated to do:
Skin feels fresh, healthy, and bright with this lightweight moisturizer's silky whipped texture that melts into skin. A potent blend of actiwhite™, licorice, and vitamin C help fade dark spots, even skintone, and prevent premature signs of aging while botanical fruit acids gently exfoliate and retexturize. The calming blend of sandalwood, geranium, and chamomile soothes, balances, and purifies the skin to minimize pores while glycerin lightly hydrates. Sugar cane and multifruit AHAs gently exfoliate to refine texture, even tone, and soften the look of fine lines as vitamin C brightens and provides antioxidant protection from environmental aggressors. Vitamin E heals, restores, and nourishes the skin, leaving you with a healthy-looking, smooth, refreshed complexion. 
Suggested Usage:
-Apply in the AM and PM after treatment step. 
Ingredients
Water, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Dimethicone, Stearyl Alcohol, Tribehenin, Glycerin, Steareth-20, Steareth-2, Hydrogenated Coco-Glycerides, Tocopheryl Acetate, Calcium Ascorbate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Pisum Sativum (Pea) Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract, Santalum Album (Sandalwood) Wood Extract, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Extract, Vaccinium Myrtillus Fruit/Leaf Extract, Saccharum Officinarum (Sugar Cane) Extract, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Fruit Extract, Citrus Limon (Lemon) Fruit Extract, Acer Saccharum (Sugar Maple) Extract, Berberis Vulgaris Root Extract, Santalum Album (Sandalwood) Oil, Superoxide Dismutase, Sucrose Dilaurate, Sorbitol, Octyldodecanol, Cyclomethicone, Dimethiconol, Dimethyl Sulfone, Xanthan Gum, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Hexylene Glycol, Farnesol.






Edit 8/28/16  - Since writing this review, I did buy a full sized jar of this moisturizer. In the summer I don't use moisturizer as much (unless I've been out in the sun) but I still love it! The size of the jar is good for the price, and you only need to use a small amount each night. I still recommend this product! I'm also very interested in trying more from Old Henriksen.

No comments:

Post a Comment